Dear CoolWallet Community,
We’d like to bring to your attention that Cortex (CTXC) has now completed their mainnet launch and moved from an ERC20 token to its native cryptocurrency.
The new Cortex coins are not supported on the CoolWallet S (yet). Therefore, owners of the ERC20 token versions of CTXC need to swap their ERC20 tokens for the new mainnet coins.
Please follow this official Cortex guide to complete the process:
Cortex MainNet Token Swap Guide
(The following guide appears in this Medium article: https://medium.com/cortexlabs/cortex-mainnet-token-swap-announcement-c06769c40663
After the MainNet Launch, you can convert your tokens manually or through supported exchanges.
CTXC and ETH use the same public and private key system; thus, your CTXC wallet address will be the same as the ETH wallet address. Please keep your wallet address, private key, and recovery phrases somewhere safe. Follow the below steps carefully, as Cortex will not be able to retrieve your tokens if swap your tokens improperly .
Cortex supports two ways for Token Swap.
Swap your tokens manually
Please download the official Cortex Wallet (Andriod/IOS/Web) from https://www.cortexlabs.ai/wallet before proceeding. DO NOT trust any unofficial downloading sources.
- It is recommended that you transfer your ERC20 CTXC tokens to a new ETH address before you proceed, and with a bit of ETH for potential transaction fees. Make sure you have backed up your ETH address private key of which you stored the ERC20 CTXC tokens (ie. 3a1076bf45ab87712ad64ccb3b10217737f7faacbf2872e88fdd9a537d8fe266).
- Import your private key to your Cortex Wallet from Step 1 to create your Cortex wallet address. Your CTXC wallet address will be the same as the ETH wallet address.
- On Ethereum network, send your CTXC ERC20 tokens to the address 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000dEaD on Ethereum, known as the token-burning process.
- Within 24 hours, CortexLabs Foundation will send an equivalent amount of MainNet CTXC tokens that you had burnt to the sender address of the burning transaction in step 2.
- Get MainNet CTXC tokens in return when withdrawing from the exchange.
It is recommended to test a small amount to ensure everything works smoothly.
Swap you tokens through Exchanges
If you store your CTXC ERC20 tokens in cryptocurrency exchanges, you should wait for the official announcement from the exchanges to carry out the Token Swap process. Cortex has cooperation with multiple exchanges for swapping ERC20 CTXC to MainNet CTXC tokens. The exact timelines will be different for different exchanges.
- If you do not have an account, create an account from one of the exchanges that support ERC20 CTXC tokens.
- Send your CTXC ERC20 tokens to the account you created in step 1.
- Supporting Exchanges will complete the token swap process automatically, and no additional actions are needed.
- After Step 3 is complete, you can now withdraw your MainNet CTXC tokens to your Cortex Wallet.
As of June 26th 2019, confirmed exchanges that support Cortex Token Swap include OKEX and BitForex.
If the exchange you are using does not support Token Swap, DO NOT send your CTXC ERC20 tokens to the burning address on Ethereum directly from your exchange account. Centralized cryptocurrency exchanges are essentially using a centralized database to manage your account and assets, hense we can not track your wallet address.
Instead, please follow Swap your tokens manually to convert your CTXC ERC20 tokens to MainNet CTXC tokens.